Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: We will prevail......

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    Hopefully, over time the media will allow this tragedy to fade away for most people. However, for the families who lost loved ones and the people who live near or attended VT, April 16 will always be a day of solemn reflection.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    I can respect that. But, IMO, the national media should just let it rest...not dig it up just for the sake of digging it up on a national platform.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    Remembering anniversaries is just natural in our society (births, deaths, significant events happy or sad ...)
    Not everyone remembers all the same type of events, and they dont do it the same way. But in general, it's just how our culture operates.

    In this case there's sympathy and consideration for those directly affected, and there's also some positive in the way the VA Tech community has come together to rise above the negative. It also reminds us to not take our loved ones for granted.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    i agree with the media part of it...but Blacksburg/Christiansburg and all VT alumni cannot just "move on"...yes, it has been a year, but the friends/sons/daughters/fathers/mothers who lost their lives are still gone, and always will be...i'm not sure you can point to any single time and say "this is the point at which you need to move on and let go"

    as for everyone outside of the VT community, then I can see how you would be able to let go and not want to hear about it...quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it in the media, and I have vowed not to watch any news program today...but yet, I am on my way to the drill field to pay my respects to a friend and 31 others who lost their lives a year ago today...
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    Well said hokie
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree with the media part of it...but Blacksburg/Christiansburg and all VT alumni cannot just "move on"...yes, it has been a year, but the friends/sons/daughters/fathers/mothers who lost their lives are still gone, and always will be...i'm not sure you can point to any single time and say "this is the point at which you need to move on and let go"</div></div>
    unless one of them was family/friend of yours......its easy to move on......because you dont have to worry about going to visit the grave of a family member or friend on the anniversary of their death

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as for everyone outside of the VT community, then I can see how you would be able to let go and not want to hear about it...quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it in the media, and I have vowed not to watch any news program today...but yet, I am on my way to the drill field to pay my respects to a friend and 31 others who lost their lives a year ago today... </div></div>
    being its the 1st anniversary......you know the media is going to mention it........but should it be a top story on national news? no

    although being it is.....i guess is a good thing.....as it means there isnt much else going on in the world
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    I dont think its that easy even if you dont have someone who was killed. You sill have to be at the school, go by the buildings etc. I knew no one in 9/11 that was personally affected yet I will always remember that, I will remember what happened at Tech because former students I had worked with were there and personal friends were there as well. I think it should be more a "Tech" memorial, less media the better.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  8. #18
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: We will prevail......

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think its that easy even if you dont have someone who was killed. You sill have to be at the school, go by the buildings etc. I knew no one in 9/11 that was personally affected yet I will always remember that, I will remember what happened at Tech because former students I had worked with were there and personal friends were there as well. I think it should be more a "Tech" memorial, less media the better. </div></div>
    obviously students is a much different story.......but for anybody else in the area or alumniliving there or elsewhere.....its much different
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •